Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Sanskrit

How many of you know Sanskrit or loved it in school? I loved it so much that I preferred it over Hindi in my 9th and 10th grade! I always topped my class and I dont remember any term when I scored less than 90 out of 100. Yup, I like to boast this fact :) You can loath me for this :P

I dont how many of you know the fact that it has been suggested to use Sanskrit as a metalanguage for knowledge representation in natual language processing, mahcine translation and other allied areas due to its highly regular structure. This is due to Classical Sanskrit being a regularized, prescriptivist form abstracted from the much more irregualr and richer Vedic Sanskrit.

Check out this report. This has been published in early 1985 by a NASA scientist.

No comments:

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics