Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Boston Again

Last Saturday, I went to Boston. This was my second trip to the city I loved most in US till now. I don't know the exact reason but somehow I feel this is the best city to be in on the east coast. One thing that attributed this liking was the fact that there were so many young people in the city, thanks to MIT, Harvard, Boston College. The student community is so strong and vibrant up there. Especially when you go in Cambridge and start strolling around the place, you will see youngsters all around there.
This time I went around Harvard and felt so great about the whole neighborhood. Not only, inside the campus boundaries but all around the campus students were there. It felt great and I was having a constant urge to join some university here and start my higher studies right away. I had the same feeling when I was inside MIT. Man, I can't tell you how much I wanted to be inside some lecture room, hearing some professor and finishing assignments and being awake all night, chatting with room mate and friends. Damn, I miss so much the good old college days.
Apart from this, I also happened to see the ongoing shooting of a Bruce Willis action flick scheduled to release sometime next year. The movie is "The Surrogates" . The shooting was going on in the Financial District and I saw the whole set. When the movie comes, I am gonna see it and try to figure out the scene which must have been getting shot down there :)

1 comment:

Lukie said...

We were able to see the set for the Surrogates also. When we first walked upon it I panicked a little. I had two eleven-year-olds with me and I thought we had just walked up to an accident scene. There was a lady there that was totally flipping out. She thought it was real. She kept saying "Sweet Jesus" and crying. I said something to a crew member and they tried to console her.

My son was headed to the Red Sox game and on the way back we walked through it again. They had most of the cars removed and the bodies were in a pile on the sidewalk. I will be posting a few pictures on my site (that my son took) They didn't come out all that well but.... he's eleven. The post is called "What a day" and I posted it on June 24th. if you are interested.

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics