Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Skwee-mish

I think I am squeamish when it comes to food. I have found myself often in situations where I have to starve myself due to the appearance of the food. No matter, it is tasty or someone is asking me again and again to try some stuff, my mind does not allows me to go for it. I know this is not good for me. I should have a knack for tasting things and trying out. But then, I am often lamed by my taste buds who reject new things coming my way. Rarely, I have appreciated a new delicacy.

For many weeks, all I had in lunch here was Cheese Pizza :) Being a non-vegetarian does not gives you full liberty to try and eat stuff here in US. Obviously precondition is your religious beliefs, which in my case places restriction. Here, you have to specifically ask for no-meat to mean that you don't want beef. Once I was with my friends in Woodbury Premium Outlets, up in NY state and feeling the hunger in stomachs we went to food court. I wanted to go for egg roll,which I did not had for a long time. I ordered it on a Chinese joint and then waited for my order. Thankfully, one of the staffers from the joint came to me and said that the egg roll will contain beef! I was taken back and at the same time was thankful to him for letting me know! He would have seen an Indian ordering something which hsa beef :)

Taste buds wake up and accept new things coming your way. At least try!

No comments:

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics