Friday, November 09, 2007

Diwali

Today is Diwali. When we woke up today, our families and friends have already started their Puja (prayer) and were all set for lighting earthen lamps and light all those colorful crackers.
And I am thousand of miles away from that light, that sound which I would have been hearinf non-stop for almost 3-4 hours. All the way from my family and the delicacies which mom would have prepared today.

I had to go a temple (in Bridgewater) in the evening, but somehow I got so much work load today that I had to slog damn hard today. I was like, I can work for 2 more hours from the office. We had to leave the office at 1530 hrs as per our plan, but the wrok screwed up all plans. I was happy that I would be going to a temple for the first time here and that also on diwali. Maa had told me that temples are decorated beautifully today and puja is performed. More than that a lot of Indian families flock there. Then we had planned to go to Edison to have some indian food and check out the city for any function which may be underway. But everything just got screwed up!

And here I am, sitting in my apartment and trying to motivate myself for work which I need to completed today and send back the mail.

Going to work now after watching some movie!

Happy Diwali India. I missed it big time.

No comments:

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics