Friday, January 04, 2008

Mumbai Molestation!

Mumbai was considered a safe place for women till new year's day.
On new year's day two NRI women were molested by a mob of at least 50 people. The incident took place just outside a 5 star hotel which they have just left after partying. The women were accompanied by their husbands. I need not and I wont recount the story. Everyone must be knowing this unfortunate incident. What irked me is the comment made by police chief of Mumbai. He said "This is a small incident. Such incidents keep on happening. Why make such a hue and cry?" When the police chief of a metropolitan thinks that molestation is just normal, how safe are women in that city? For that matter how safe anyone can feel? I hope if something similar happnes to his family members, maybe then he will understand the gravity of the incident. His remark would have painted a tarnished image of Mumbai in particular in foreign tourist's eyes.
I dont know where India is going with all this. We are developing at a fast pace as a country. But I guess, the morality is declining at that pace!

No comments:

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics