Saturday, May 31, 2008

The French Connection!

I was in New York again today. Went there with Ashish as he hasn't been there till now. He had asked me to come with him today. The weather was good, thunderstorm were predicted in the later part of day and it was mostly cloudy. Even then, I decided to go. When we left home, it was drizzling but we were like "lets' go.
So, what made me name this post like this? Well, I was waiting at the Staten Island Ferry Complex for the ferry when a French chick sitting on the bench beside us came over and asked for a cigarette. I told her that I don't smoke and she left. She seemed desperate for it as she asked 3 more people standing there before she got one from a Chinese fella who sat on the bench next to her's. Actually this girl was accompanied by another friend of hers, she also being a girl. This friend was not all interested in smoking and so was busy looking inside her bag. Well, both of them were beautiful n hot. But the other one, who was not interested in smoking was more hot in a way :)
Soon she was done with her smoke and then they were talking again in French between themselves. Few minutes later she (the one who smoked) came over to me and asked me as to "Do I speak English?" I answered her in affirmative. Then she asked me what place in NY she can see. First of all, honestly I was startled, by the fact that a good looking girl is talking to me. Not that none has talked me before. A many had and day in and day out I talk to a number of them here and there at work and outside. But for this one I was not expecting for some reason. So here we go back, well I told her that she can go to Times Square, Central Park, roam around 34th. At that point her friend too came over and joined. She said that they were looking for some nice place where they can have fun. A part of my mind was stunned and thought exactly what they were looking for and asking. At this I took a step back (which I feel sorry for now :( thinking of them) and said that they can go to Central Park and sit there in peace and spend some time if they are looking for a cool place away from hustles. But she insisted that they wanna go to a "nice place". She then said that where can she get drinks. I told her that why not try in Times square as there as some bars, I know, and then they can have good time spent there. After this she inquired where we are from and what are we doing here. Well, we exchanged our origins and purpose of being there. At that time, I asked them as to where they are coming from and they told that they are from France. Some talks here and there and then greetings exchanged and they left.
I sat there thinking of them and waiting for the ferry and looking again for them but they were not there to my sorrow.

1 comment:

Cuckoo said...

:-)

It made me smile.

One more thing which made me smile is this "Someone I dont know" in your blogroll.

:-)

Cuckoo

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics