Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fighting for being Lesbian???

The world is indeed full of strange people and strange places. I have often came across people or have heard of some who have an interest in trying to be in limelight without giving a thought. What I mean to say is that, there are people out there who will stand up for something funny, pointless issue and try to gather people's attention towards them. All such acts often draw attention but almost every time the people behind such things become point of ridicule! At least from my perspective.

Today I came across of one such act. Lesbos is a Greek island located in northeastern Aegean sea. I had never heard of this place before and I would not have heard in future also but thanks to those three residents of this island who filed a court case to ban the use of word Lesbian to describe Gay women. The residents argued that using the term in reference to Gay women insulted their identity. Nevertheless, the Athens court ruled against them saying that there was no justification for their contention.

No comments:

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics