Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jaane Tu..ya Jaane na!

Yesterday (Sat,7/12) I went for the latest Bollywood flick Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. SL had suggested this one to me last week and again yesterday morning when we were chatting. He had said that it's a cool movie. It was time since I watched any youthful movie so I decided to give it a try.
Me, Amit and Sonal went to AMC Lowes in Secaucus, which being a nice theater, thankfully screens Hindi movies :)
Well, I loved the movie. It was energetic, youthful and light. Even though it was based on old-formula of Bollywood and has nothing new from the perspective of storyline, nonetheless movie appealed all due to the exuberance of the characters, who represented young gen. Had it been some hit stars of Bollywood, I am damn sure this movie would have had no takers. But with the cast movie had, it was taken well by young India. College going and those who have just passed college can easily connect to the love triangles and remember the triangles, quadrangles or vicious circles which formed in college days :) Made me remember my days for sure!
Imran Khan, who debuted with this movie did justice to his role. Genelia has seriously problem in speaking Hindi. Her dialogue delivery doesn't seems natural, rather mechanical! I was more attracted to Sugandha Garg (Shaleen) :P in the movie! A R Rahman's music was a bit different from what his usual style is! Had I not seen that its he who is the music director, I would have not known about that. The music seemed more like others and was missing the usual Rahman's style.
Overall, a light movie which can be watched once. Don't expect great story and all. Just go and let you travel back in time to your college days, to your friends, yo your crushes and affairs :)

No comments:

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics