Thursday, October 04, 2007

The US Diaries - Introduction

This is an Introduction to a series of posts I am going to publish. I will be talking about my US trip in this series. I will try to cover my experiences, share my views and thoughts about the country in particular and people, places, culture, business and everyting that I can understand and feel like talking about.

Some of you may be thinking that how come I reached US and what for I am here? Well, I am on official trip at the client site.

Let me take you back in history for a moment. I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch almost all animation stuff on TV. I just loved it and I still do a lot. Myself and my younger brother never used to miss Disney stuff. The treat in those days used to be Tales Pin and Duck tales. As far as I remember, it used to come on Sunday morning from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM, Tales Pin followed by Duck Tales. After days of running, they started a contest (those were the days when almost every serial on tv used to have contest and we sent postcards to win something somewhere), the grand prize was trip to Disney Land, Florida, USA. They used to show snippets of Disney Land and we were like seeing our destination to be. That was the first time, at the age of 11-12 I dreamt of visiting US someday! So this dream to be in this country was not born when I was in college but long way back!

Without describing more of this stuff (the part when I was in High School and University), I got the oppurtunity to be in States through my employer. I was working on a project for US based client and so I got a chance to be onsite. The destination was New Jersey.

I will take you through each day (If something worth sharing happened). Hope you will love to go through this stuff!

Cheers

No comments:

 
powered by website analytics
website statistics